How to confront unacceptable behavior within the marriage
Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
– Proverbs 27:6
Love is not all about romance. At times, it requires confronting the person we love when they’re wrong.
Understand that confronting someone does not mean attacking the person. This is how it should be done:
- Be certain that there is wrong and unacceptable behavior
- Make sure you’re not in error yourself
- Be clear about the change you want to see and the consequences you are willing to bring about and suffer if the change doesn’t happen
- Communicate your position to your partner in a clear and respectful way
- Act according to what your partner decides to do (bearing in mind that if he or she doesn’t decide, that itself is a decision)
We grow when someone who loves us “wounds” us by telling us the painful truths we need to hear.
Sign up for this blog and be advised of new posts…