Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high. Luke 24.49
Here is the answer to why many do not receive the baptism with the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus left His inheritance to the disciples;
- However, the possession of this Inheritance would require “waiting in Jerusalem“;
- Waiting in Jerusalem meant believing in the Promise, even among the persecutions taking place at the time.
This is: if they wanted to receive the Inheritance, they would have to pass through the sieve of persecutions and not run away from them. Also, they would have to forget about their needs at the moment and NOT THINK about anything other than receiving the Blessed Inheritance – the Holy Spirit.
They could have waited for the Inheritance at home, far from Jerusalem. But the Lord made a point of rewarding them in the heat of persecution;
- The faithful should do his part, which is to wait in Jerusalem, and keep the expectation of receiving the Promise. This is faith! For this reason, he can and should charge God with his right to the Inheritance;
- The Lord’s part is to fulfill what is to come upon you… to serve as a witness.
You may even say, “Lord, I have done my part, but the Lord has not done His yet.”
Is there faith in you for this?
And… He commandedthem not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father… Acts 1.4
…you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me… to the end of the earth. Acts 1.8